The populace, and to smell and taste delights: from newly heated bread to capably pre-arranged tagines. There is likewise the Kasbah which remains in the old quarter: its lavish nurseries, situated in the focal point of the city, are a sanctuary of newness. It’s an exhibition hall which is home to an assortment of old weapons, some photographs of the city, and materials, which is an absolute necessity.
Flaunting its interesting geological position, Chefchaouen is heaven for walkers. The ways of the encompassing mountains offer lovely climbing exercises. You’ll investigate another side of Morocco that of the Rif Mountain range, as you walk them.
What’s with all the blue?’ you inquire. Well supposedly, this out-of-control stylistic layout traces all the way back to 1471, when the city of Chefchaouen was established as a little stronghold to battle the Portuguese attacks of northern Morocco. It was around that time that the city likewise turned into a huge settlement for the Jewish individuals who escaped here later the Spanish Reconquista. It is said that it was the Jewish lessons that associated blue with the sky and with God’s power that motivated local people to adorn the medina in radiant blue.
The most important tourist places in chefchaoun
Akchour is a mountainous area in the Maghreb. It is a picturesque mixture of amazing natural features. It is a green oasis of hills covered with green nature and penetrated by charming waterfalls.
Akchour is located 29.2 kilometers from Chefchaouen.
Always dreaming of an adventure to check out new places and hidden places that have all the great views and natural beauty as the epitome of God’s Heaven on Earth! A visit to Akchour is the best destination for you.
Learn with us, dear visitor, the best recreational activities that you can do in the Akchour Chefchaouen region and the most important natural attractions that you can enjoy watching in that region.
• Akchour Waterfall tops the list of the coolest recreational activities in Chefchaouen Akchour, where waterfalls are characterized by the beauty of the scenery, the clarity of the water, and the splendor of swimming in it, as the waterfalls from the high mountains form in Lake Akchour.
• If you like hiking, then this place is what you are looking for. Enjoy walking and adventure and inhale the fresh air from the beginning of your trip until reaching the waterfalls. There is no transportation to the waterfalls directly, but it will take about two hours to walk to reach them.
• If you are a fan of mountain climbing, do not miss the fun of racing with friends in climbing the high mountains of Akchour, especially if exciting experiences appeal to you.
• Akchour’s features are not limited to the charming nature, but it has a heritage area that attracts many to watch its splendor, which is the Talmattan National Park, which is a nature reserve with the last of the rare fir forests. You can pass through the park and enjoy its wonderful features.
One of the tourist places in Morocco, specifically in the city of Chefchaouen, is the Souika District, which is the second oldest residential community within the city of Chefchaouen and includes the oldest houses in the city, which belong to Andalusian families who lived in the neighborhood for a long time.
The Soueqa neighborhood is characterized by the white and blue color scheme, like the city of Chefchaouen, which makes it comfortable for wandering and relaxing. The neighborhood is also characterized by the presence of a large number of shops and kiosks that buy local products.
The Kasaba is one of the tourist attractions in Morocco and one of the distinctive landmarks in the Moroccan city of Chefchaouen. The Kasbah is located specifically in the west of Chefchaouen in the Wata Hammam Square. It is the nucleus of the city as it is one of the first buildings in which it was built.
The Kasbah was built in the Andalusian style, and it consists of a wall with ten towers in the middle, a large garden with two basins. Inside the Kasbah was later built the Ethnographic Museum.
Inside the Kasbah, in Chefchaouen you can
• Getting acquainted with the architectural style of this historical period by viewing the pillars of the Kasbah, starting with the outer wall, passing through the ten towers, the inner courtyard, and its garden, and ending with the main courtyard, which is a hall with a water fountain in the middle.
• Then you have to go through the Ethnographic Museum, which is located inside the Kasbah. The museum includes a large number of pieces and archaeological artifacts that represent the culture of the city of Chefchaouen, which interacted over the course of 5 centuries with Andalusian and Jewish elements that lived in the city at the beginning of its inception.
Inside the museum, you can find traditional jewelry and costumes, musical instruments, household items, and much more.
• If you want to enjoy a panoramic view of the city of Chefchaouen, all you have to do is go up to the Kasbah Tower to see the blue city from above.
Daily except for Sunday and Tuesday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, and from 3:00 pm to 6:30 pm.
Entry prices: 10 Moroccan dirhams.